Saturday 4 September 2010

Almost there

Well Followers, I think for those of you who know me I welcome you and you may not need to read the rest, for those of you who do not a very hearty welcome to this, my blog for the next 9 months or so. My name is Simon and I will be documenting my time and experiences as I live the life of a Soriano in the city of Soria in Spain. At this moment in time I am not yet in Soria I am actually at home in gods own county of Yorkshire in the United Kingdom. I am 23 and I am currently in teacher training to be a German, French and Spanish teacher. I'm going to Spain for a few reasons: numero uno - I'm a bit sick of Britain at the mo and I need to just leave the country especially as I had to give up my last holiday in Greece because I was being paid by the very wise British government to learn French at the time (I know tragic! get the violins ready). Second reason: I want to be a Spanish teacher and my Spanish has been out of use for about 2 years and is in serious need of dusting off and putting into action, saying this I did book the hostel I'll be staying at over the phone in Spanish and had to repeat everything back in simple Spanish to the poor man on the other end just to make sure I understood everything meaning the phone call lasted 3 times as long as it should have. AND 3rd reason: I completely bombed my PGCE, so in order to recover from the trauma of failing I'm running away to another country to drink sanghria and corona beer and have a siesta everyday. I will however be resitting certain aspects of the PGCE next year in September in the hopes of becoming the language teacher I've always wanted to be because languages are bloody brilliant! And don't let anyone tell you otherwise! So I suppose I should leave it here for now as I see off my penultimate weekend in Blighty and prepare for an almighty adventure in Spain. Besitos! Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment